TREMONT BOROUGH, Pa. - A 73-year-old man was beaten, bound, and robbed in his home Monday morning, according to Pennsylvania State Police.
State police say around 3 a.m. two men broke into a home on East Line Street in Tremont Borough, Schuylkill County.
Police then say one of the robbers beat the resident with a metal object leaving serious injuries to his eye and face.
Then, police say that same man tied the victim up with duct tape while another took cash, coins, and other items.
The victim was transported to a Lehigh Valley hospital for treatment.
There's no word on any arrests.
Gov. Tom Wolf announced Thursday more than $2.8 million in funding for local summer internship programs across Pennsylvania.Read More »
- Mount Pocono man wanted for homicide in Wayne County
- 32-year-old faces charges for alleged sexual assault in Monroe County
- Schuylkill County man pleads guilty to bank robbery
- 2nd man sentenced in crash that killed man, pregnant woman
- Groceries, everyday items delivered to your Stroudsburg door
- Volunteers undertake massive cleanup of Pocono Creek
- Updated Man charged in fatal Allentown crash, believed to be in Dominican Republic
- Updated National School Walkout renews calls for gun safety
- Updated Cosby judge expected to rule on deposition of Andrea Constand's confidante
- Brisk, chilly Friday with a mix of clouds and sun
- Life Lessons: Resumes can make or break you
- Lower Macungie hikes fee for developers
- Democratic candidates debate hot-button issues
- Northampton County disbanding gaming authority
- Berks County philanthropist warmly remembered
- Lehigh Valley teams going to World Finals in scholastic competition