STROUDSBURG, Pa. - A man in the Poconos is facing an animal-cruelty charge for allegedly shooting his pit bull in the head in 2012.
Kevin Brennan was charged Thursday.
The dog, named Ramona, actually survived the shooting.
Authorities say 47-year-old Kevin Brennan of Stroudsburg took the dog to a veterinary hospital and had her put down after firing a shot through the dog's head.
Officials say Brennan told them that the dog had behavioral issues and that he was having financial problems.
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Police activity prompts 'secure in place' measure at Pleasant Valley School District
- VIDEO: Frein given additional prison time
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying
- Updated Vehicle hits Berks apartment building; 2 families displaced
- Phantoms eliminated from playoffs
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Bethlehem Twp. police search for purse snatchers
- Birdsboro church closes its doors after 180 years
- Fans rally to support Phantoms hockey
- Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA