PALMERTON, Pa. - A 25-year-old man is accused of preying on an elderly homeowner with a driveway paving scam.
Authorities believe Leonard Stanley is part of a group of gypsies working in the Lehigh Valley from Maryland. They work under the guise of several different companies.
Palmerton police arrested Stanley for convincing a senior citizen to withdraw a large sum of money for work that was never performed on March 28th.
He's charged with deceptive business practices and theft by deception.
In West Penn Township, the police chief told 69 News he's a suspect in two similar crimes. He is also wanted in York County and several other police departments in our area.
A 34-year-old man was found in possession of approximately 180 bags of suspected heroin, 16 grams of cocaine and numerous keys for a local hotel, according to the Monroe County District Attorney's office.Read More »
- Street gang believed to be involved in ESU stabbing
- Safety bill requires metal detectors, armed guards in schools
- Fmr. Stroudsburg area coach sentenced for sexual abuse
- 3 arrested in stabbing of East Stroudsburg student
- Blakeslee woman killed in Rt. 115 head-on collision
- Route 115 reopens after fatal crash
- Allentown Council delays vote on Pawlowski picks, gets malware brief
- Two injured in Allentown hit and run
- LCCC closes all campuses due to security threat
- Bank robbed, pair of Wilson schools put on lockdown
- Local students rally for change after Florida school shooting
- Easton schools security paramount issue
- Phillipsburg municipal lot fees still unchanged
- Allentown residents enthusiastic about new school
- Bethlehem amending its zoning laws
- "Time to put up or shut up"