PALMERTON, Pa. - A 25-year-old man is accused of preying on an elderly homeowner with a driveway paving scam.
Authorities believe Leonard Stanley is part of a group of gypsies working in the Lehigh Valley from Maryland. They work under the guise of several different companies.
Palmerton police arrested Stanley for convincing a senior citizen to withdraw a large sum of money for work that was never performed on March 28th.
He's charged with deceptive business practices and theft by deception.
In West Penn Township, the police chief told 69 News he's a suspect in two similar crimes. He is also wanted in York County and several other police departments in our area.
- East Stroudsburg Salvation Army needs a little help this year
- Thieves steal $100K from scrap metal company
- Pizza delivery driver shot in East Stroudsburg dies
- State Police: Trooper fires on man after he points weapon
- Neighbors of shooting victim 'devastated' by pizza delivery incident
- Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- Updated Chilly, dry Sunday with a bit of wintry mix possible overnight
- Updated Allentown man hit, killed by car while running across I-78
- Updated Police: Armed man barricades himself inside Quakertown home
- Updated Community comes together to support Lukens family
- Updated Mother of fallen Berks serviceman speaks at Wreaths Across America
- Updated Bear Creek opens slopes for season
- Updated Christmas tree toss for charity
- Updated Catasauqua students shop with an airport cop
- Allentown man charged in shooting of ex-girlfriend, her boyfriend
- 2 charged in Monroe burglaries