UNION TWP., Pa. - A Luzerne County man is behind bars accused of trying to kill his wife in Schuylkill County.
It happened just before 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Shenandoah Fish & Game Protective Association.
Police say Steven Brobst, 62, entered the club and shot his 51-year-old wife who was at the bar.
Police said he then turned the gun on himself, but it jammed. Other patrons wrestled him to the ground and took his gun, according to police paperwork.
The victim was flown to a local hospital with a gunshot wound to her head. At last check she was in critical condition, police said.
Brobst is facing attempted homicide, assault and related charges.
He's in Schuylkill County Prison on $500,000 bail.
- Yuengling adds new beer to product portfolio
- ESU president announces new security measures for campus
- Wife who plotted husband's murder sentenced to 18-48 months
- Bullet found on floor at Panther Valley Junior Senior High
- Fmr. Lansford council president heads to Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition
- ESU president apologizes to student stabbed on campus
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol: Montgomery County (3 p.m.)
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol: Lehigh County ( 3 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (2 p.m.)
- Updated YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol: Northampton County (3 p.m.)
- Updated WATCH: Jeff Bolden's afternoon traffic update (3:30 p.m.)
- Updated 69News Snow Patrol: Bucks County (3 p.m.)
- Updated Senate approves bill to protect domestic violence victims
- Updated Attorney: Dad wasn't primary caregiver for baby found dead
- DA to hold news conference on violent drug trafficking group