UNION TWP., Pa. - A Luzerne County man is behind bars accused of trying to kill his wife in Schuylkill County.
It happened just before 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Shenandoah Fish & Game Protective Association.
Police say Steven Brobst, 62, entered the club and shot his 51-year-old wife who was at the bar.
Police said he then turned the gun on himself, but it jammed. Other patrons wrestled him to the ground and took his gun, according to police paperwork.
The victim was flown to a local hospital with a gunshot wound to her head. At last check she was in critical condition, police said.
Brobst is facing attempted homicide, assault and related charges.
He's in Schuylkill County Prison on $500,000 bail.
- Pizza delivery driver shot in East Stroudsburg dies
- State Police: Trooper fires on man after he points weapon
- Neighbors of shooting victim 'devastated' by pizza delivery incident
- Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- 3, including a 17-year-old boy, charged in pizza delivery shooting
- Community takes stand against hate speech in Monroe County
- Police ID man fatally shot in Reading; shooter at large
- Train pushes truck about 200 yards in fatal collision
- Updated 2 hospitalized, more than dozen displaced by fire in Reading
- Grease fire damages home near Barto, sends man to hospital
- Updated Bear Creek sets plans to open slopes for 2017-18 season
- Cops: Man lured wife saying he had gifts for kids, shot her
- Reading police say Pear Street shooting now a homicide
- Berks commissioners OK 3.87% tax increase for 2018
- Abduction, robbery reported at Kutztown University
- Coroner on scene of train collision in Alburtis