PARADISE TWP., Pa. - A 22-year-old man was found passed out underneath a vehicle at Mount Airy Casino, just before midnight Saturday.
After security made contact with Benjamin Robert Schaeffer, of Denville, New Jersey, he fled onto the golf course. Troopers and casino security located him in a thick brush near a warehouse, where he was taken into custody.
Schaeffer was escorted into an ambulance where he became uncooperative, as he leaned into a trooper - which caused the trooper to strike his head on the door frame of the ambulance.
The trooper was treated and released.
Schaeffer is charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, recklessly endangering, disorderly conduct, criminal mischief and criminal trespass.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Oct. 25.
Nicole Murray, 24, was found dead in the rear of a property at the 500 block of Foliage Drive in Tunkhannock Township sometime after 4 p.m.Read More »
- Police investigate body found in Monroe County
- 5 Schuylkill County boroughs, townships nominated as Opportunity Zones
- Air pistol, pocket knife found on Pottsville Area HS student
- 6 face felony charges in relation to stealing $336K from Pa. agency
- Local counties receive funding for summer internship programs
- Mount Pocono man wanted for homicide in Wayne County
- Coroner identifies woman found dead in Monroe County
- Bloomsburg mayor accused of soliciting prostitutes
- Food Truck food drive draws a crowd
- WFMZ & Dorney Park Team Up For 2nd Food Truck Food Drive For Second Harvest
- Police investigating shots fired at Allentown tattoo shop
- State police seeking information on jewelry theft in Bucks County
- Funeral for Barbara Bush held Saturday
- History's Headlines: Charles Ellet: Bridge builder, warrior, Pennsylvanian
- Easton resident finds drawers disturbed after letting in fake water company employee
- Holistic health coach talks Spring detox diet