PARADISE TWP., Pa. - A 22-year-old man was found passed out underneath a vehicle at Mount Airy Casino, just before midnight Saturday.
After security made contact with Benjamin Robert Schaeffer, of Denville, New Jersey, he fled onto the golf course. Troopers and casino security located him in a thick brush near a warehouse, where he was taken into custody.
Schaeffer was escorted into an ambulance where he became uncooperative, as he leaned into a trooper - which caused the trooper to strike his head on the door frame of the ambulance.
The trooper was treated and released.
Schaeffer is charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, recklessly endangering, disorderly conduct, criminal mischief and criminal trespass.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Oct. 25.
State police and Monroe County detectives raided Mountain View Vineyards in Hamilton and Jackson Townships Wednesday morning, along with the owners' home.Read More »
- Police: Owners of local winery record employees, customers without permission
- Businesses shovel out after snow blankets the Poconos
- Man goes to movies after allegedly killing Pocono Twp. couple
- Nephew charged in aunt, uncle's stabbing deaths
- Double homicide investigation leads to arrest in Poconos
- Pocono doctor picked to work as translator at Olympics
- Chilly, somewhat breezy day today with plenty of sunshine
- Police: Winery owners unlawfully recorded customers, employees
- Flu season hits hard: 3 things to know
- Reading School District discussing moving grades around
- APD looking for three bumbling armed robbers
- Mayor champions Lafayette College expansion plans
- New Lower Saucon police chief a lifelong resident
- City Council acts to ensure vacancies filled by members of same party
- Association moving forward with plans to revitalize three neighborhoods
- Hamburg copes with half a foot of snow