PARADISE TWP., Pa. - A 22-year-old man was found passed out underneath a vehicle at Mount Airy Casino, just before midnight Saturday.
After security made contact with Benjamin Robert Schaeffer, of Denville, New Jersey, he fled onto the golf course. Troopers and casino security located him in a thick brush near a warehouse, where he was taken into custody.
Schaeffer was escorted into an ambulance where he became uncooperative, as he leaned into a trooper - which caused the trooper to strike his head on the door frame of the ambulance.
The trooper was treated and released.
Schaeffer is charged with aggravated assault, simple assault, recklessly endangering, disorderly conduct, criminal mischief and criminal trespass.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Oct. 25.
An alleged attempt to steal manhole covers has landed two men behind bars.Read More »
- Schuylkill River Heritage Area adopts new name, logo
- East Stroudsburg University faces over $5M budget deficit
- One Tank Trip: Pocono Indian Museum
- DA: Heroin dealer convicted in Monroe County
- DA: Business owner deceives customers, faces felony theft charges
- Lehigh Valley Hospital's Pocono West campus approved
- Heartwarming video lands local family on Ellen Show
- A tale of two mayors and a police station in East Greenville
- Santa and ABATE bring Christmas a little early
- Reading Holiday Parade brings out some holiday cheer
- $30,000 reward offered for man who shot and killed officer near Pittsburgh
- Chainsaw explosion kills man from York County
- AP: Wolf starting to look like 'two-term Tom' as 2018 approaches
- Last-minute Thanksgiving tips from ShopRite
- Reward offered for info on Hunterdon County arson
- History's Headlines: Firefighting in Bethlehem