PORTER TWP., Pa. - A man died after his vehicle rolled over six times in Schuylkill County Sunday morning, according to Pennsylvania State Police.
The crash occurred on Dietrich Avenue 400 feet north of Kalmia Road in Porter Township.
Joshua Hoppes, 29, was traveling west on Dietrich Avenue when he failed to negotiate a left curve in the roadway and left the roadway on the south berm.
On the south berm, the car crashed into a large rock with its left front, causing the car to go airborne into a corn field, where it landed and rolled over six times before coming to rest in an upright position on the cornfield.
Hoppes was ejected from the vehicle while it was rolling over.
Hoppes was pronounced dead at the scene by Deputy Coroner John Mika.
The investigation is continuing.
The incident was reported around midnight Sunday.Read More »
- Benefit basketball game played to honor former Schuylkill Valley student
- Coroner called to crash in West Penn Township
- 66-year-old stabbed by juvenile, ruled a homicide
- Stroudsburg teen immerses herself in Irish dancing
- Allentown men charged after fatal crash involving stolen van
- St. Luke's weight management program comes to Monroe County
- Family, neighbors react to Amy Yu's return to Allentown, Kevin Esterly's arrest
- Woman dies almost one year after being involved in South Whitehall car crash
- Local artist commemorates Eagles Championship Parade with unique print
- 2 injured in DUI crash in Berks County
- Man arrested after stabbing neighbor multiple times in Easton
- Multiple crews battle large fire at former Trainers Inn in Carbon County
- Allentown Police: Kevin Esterly arrested, Amy Yu located in Mexico
- Mother, brother react to Allentown teen Amy Yu being found in Mexico
- Irish Community Day event held in Allentown
- Hundreds celebrate St. Patrick's Day aboard the Colebrookdale Railroad