POCONO TOWNSHIP, Pa. - An unidentified 64-year-old man died Wednesday morning while exercising in the swimming pool at Elevations Health Club in Pocono Township.
The man signed in for his workout at 9:11 a.m.
Someone later saw him floating, not moving, in the pool and screamed for help.
Staff at the health club removed the man from the pool, called 911 and began CPR.
At 10:34 a.m., the Pocono Central Ambulance Corps took the man to Pocono Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Monroe County Coroner Bob Allen reported the victim was working out and in the shallow end of the swimming pool when he had some kind of medical episode and immediately passed out.
Allen said the man's name is not being released until his family is notified.
An autopsy will be conducted Thursday, according to Allen.
The coroner said the victim had been a marathon runner and appeared to be in good physical condition.
According to police, the club has a "swim at your own risk" policy, with no lifeguards on duty.
A Schuylkill County man was arrested over the weekend, after police say he fired his gun near his neighbor's family gathering.Read More »
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Authorities ID victim in fatal Penn Township crash
- Fallen heroes honored at City Park in Reading
- Nazareth woman dies days after being struck by vehicle
- Health Beat: 5 ways to protect your eyes from aging
- A shower/some drizzle this afternoon
- Updated Memorial Day celebrations in Berks County
- Man tells Allentown police he was stabbed in the back while walking along the street
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Life Lessons: The nurse who paints her patients
- Purple Heart recipient gets honored Memorial Day weekend