L. TOWAMENSING TWP., Pa. - The Carbon County coroner said a man died of blunt force trauma to the head and neck from a skiing accident.
The incident occurred at Blue Mountain Ski Resort Sunday, when the coroner was called around 9 p.m. The man was identified as 53-year-old Grygoriy Sologub of Philadelphia.
A spokesperson for the resort originally said a man was fatally injured on one of the double black diamond trails.
The coroner says Sologub was found lying on the snow and another skier came down and 'couldn't help but hit him.' It has been ruled accidental.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with the victim's family," Blue Mountain said in a statement to 69 News.
Pro-gun church explains AR-15 marriage ceremony.Read More »
- New Jim-Thorpe one-dollar coins selling out fast
- Some Poconos students to relocate Wednesday due to blessing ceremony featuring AR-15s
- Pair charged in numerous robberies, thefts at Walmart stores
- Monroe County teenager dies from flu complications
- AR-15 rifles to accompany church's blessing ceremony
- 2 more facing charges in relation to ESU stabbing
- Water main breaks in Reading, closes section of North Eighth Street
- Parkland schools to reopen Monday after bus garage fire
- Updated Fightin Phils Job Fair held at First Energy Stadium
- Caught on camera: Domino's workers apprehend armed robbery suspect
- Indivisible Berks Holds Rally in Support of Unions in Preparation of Major Supreme Court Case
- Updated Reading group hosts Black History Month celebration
- Wallenpaupack School District responds to nearby church ceremony involving AR-15 rifles
- People pay final respects to Reverend Billy Graham
- Updated Police, crews respond to incident in Exeter Township
- Lower Macungie fire causes heavy damage to attached garage