WASHINGTON TWP., Pa. - State Police in Schuylkill Haven have filed rape charges against a man.
Police have charged 43-year-old David Harwi with rape, indecent assault and more.
They say he assaulted an underage girl over a period of six years in Washington Township, Schuylkill County.
Harwi was arraigned over the weekend and is in the Schuylkill County prison unable to post $200,000 cash bail.
The National Park Service will be closing River Road in Middle Smithfield Township between park headquarters and Hialeah Picnic Area to protect migrating amphibians.Read More »
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Updated Man shot, killed by Reading police after pointing shotgun at officers
- Route 222 reopens after crash closed it for nearly six hours Friday
- Updated Warm and breezy today with strong to severe t-storms this afternoon
- Updated Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey
- Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Lafayette College asks for temporary dorms amid rise in applicants
- Local movie experts preview the Oscars
- Lily's Hope Foundation provides "packages of hope" to families with premature babies
- Warm weather in Berks means time for ice cream
- Allentown's Police Athletic League keeping kids on the right track