JIM THORPE, Pa. - Police arrested a man on several sex-related charges involving a child. The man also faces other charges related to an incident with a teenage victim.
According to police, Kevin Gowrie, 42, of the 500 block of South Avenue in Jim Thorpe was arrested on 19 sex-related offenses, a total of 76 counts.
He was arraigned on Sept. 28 and bail was set at $100,000 straight.
Charges against him include: rape of a child, rape by force, statutory sexual assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse by threat of force, false imprisonment, terroristic threats and more.
Police say Gowrie was also involved in an incident on Sept. 2 involving a 16-year-old victim.
According to police, Gowrie gave the teenager vodka and performed sexual acts on the teenager.
Police say they attempted to interview Gowrie at the Carbon County Prison about the incident, but he refused to speak with them.
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Defense begins to present its case in Eric Frein trial penalty phase
- Fallen trooper's wife gives emotional testimony in trial
- Penalty phase starts in Eric Frein trial
- Schuylkill County issues temporary open burning ban
- Updated Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- Trump nears 100 days: 'It's a different kind of presidency'
- Ex-clerk files federal lawsuit claiming Alpha Borough allowed sexual harassment
- State police: Trooper, 2 people in SUV injured in crash
- April the giraffe becomes a cash cow for tiny zoo
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society