CHESTNUTHILL TWP., Pa. - State police in Monroe County have arrested an Effort man in connection with a homicide.
Kyle Kresge, 46, was taken into custody and charged in the fatal shooting of Lawrence Purcell Jr., 34, of Kunkletown.
Police were sent to Kresge's home in 1200 block of Glenwood Road in Chestnuthill Township around 12:20 p.m. Tuesday. They said they found Purcell dead from a gunshot wound to the chest.
Police said Kresge shot and killed Purcell during a dispute at the residence. Kresge then moved Purcell's body from the home and attempted to cover it with a tarp on the property, according to investigators.
When Kresge was arrested, police said they found a .22 caliber shell casing in his cargo pants pocket. A weapon has not been recovered, but witnesses said Kresge used a small caliber handgun in the shooting.
Kresge was arraigned overnight on charges of criminal homicide, abuse of a corpse and tampering with or fabricating physical evidence.
Two men face numerous charges in connection with a series of armed robberies and thefts that targeted Walmart stores across seven Pennsylvania counties.Read More »
- Monroe County teenager dies from flu complications
- AR-15 rifles to accompany church's blessing ceremony
- 2 more facing charges in relation to ESU stabbing
- Pennsylvania First Lady visits Palmerton area school
- Large bags banned from Cinemark movie theater
- Canadian man killed in skiing accident at Camelback
- Monster Jam revs and rocks the PPL this weekend
- Updated Unsettled weather continues this weekend
- Updated Millions of BB&T customers affected by outage
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Parkland School District bus fleet hit by devastating fire
- Penn State trustees approve Hershey Medical Center expansion
- Updated Pottstown YMCA Early Learning Center to relocate
- Local gun store offers free class to LV school employees
- Mayor tells jury in federal corruption trial 'I hate fundraising'
- Parents, students, and schools on edge after Florida shooting