CHESTNUTHILL TWP., Pa. - State police in Monroe County have arrested an Effort man in connection with a homicide.
Kyle Kresge, 46, was taken into custody and charged in the fatal shooting of Lawrence Purcell Jr., 34, of Kunkletown.
Police were sent to Kresge's home in 1200 block of Glenwood Road in Chestnuthill Township around 12:20 p.m. Tuesday. They said they found Purcell dead from a gunshot wound to the chest.
Police said Kresge shot and killed Purcell during a dispute at the residence. Kresge then moved Purcell's body from the home and attempted to cover it with a tarp on the property, according to investigators.
When Kresge was arrested, police said they found a .22 caliber shell casing in his cargo pants pocket. A weapon has not been recovered, but witnesses said Kresge used a small caliber handgun in the shooting.
Kresge was arraigned overnight on charges of criminal homicide, abuse of a corpse and tampering with or fabricating physical evidence.
- Pizza delivery driver shot in East Stroudsburg dies
- State Police: Trooper fires on man after he points weapon
- Neighbors of shooting victim 'devastated' by pizza delivery incident
- Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- 3, including a 17-year-old boy, charged in pizza delivery shooting
- Community takes stand against hate speech in Monroe County
- Family of Jamie Metzger never gave up hope they'd find her
- Reading police: Man shot on Pear Street
- Schwenksville comes together to support Luken family
- Lukens family receives outpouring of support after deadly fire
- Updated Lehigh County nursing homes to reap benefits from federal program
- Lower Nazareth hears request for usage changes for warehouse property
- No tax increase for Easton in 2018
- Man hospitalized after shooting in Reading
- Easton council gets earful on reducing penalties for marijuana
- South Whitehall Township looking to improve quality of Little Cedar Creek