MAHONING TWP., Pa. - Police were on the scene of a fatal pedestrian accident in Carbon County Sunday night.
John Marcikonis Jr., 42, of Nesquehoning, was killed after he was hit by a pick up truck on Route 443 in Mahoning Township, according to police.
It happened near the Burger King just east of Mall Road around 10 p.m.
Officials said Marcikonis was walking in the traffic lane when he was hit.
The driver of the truck stopped and no charges have been filed, Mahoning Township police said.
The road was shut down for about two hours while police investigated.
- Pizza delivery driver shot in East Stroudsburg dies
- State Police: Trooper fires on man after he points weapon
- Neighbors of shooting victim 'devastated' by pizza delivery incident
- Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- 3, including a 17-year-old boy, charged in pizza delivery shooting
- Community takes stand against hate speech in Monroe County
- Police ID man fatally shot in Reading; shooter at large
- Train pushes truck about 200 yards in fatal collision
- 2 hospitalized, more than dozen displaced by fire in Reading
- Updated Grease fire damages home near Barto, sends man to hospital
- Updated Bear Creek sets plans to open slopes for 2017-18 season
- Cops: Man lured wife saying he had gifts for kids, shot her
- Reading police say Pear Street shooting now a homicide
- Berks commissioners OK 3.87% tax increase for 2018
- Abduction, robbery reported at Kutztown University
- Coroner on scene of train collision in Alburtis