MAHONING TWP., Pa. - Police were on the scene of a fatal pedestrian accident in Carbon County Sunday night.
John Marcikonis Jr., 42, of Nesquehoning, was killed after he was hit by a pick up truck on Route 443 in Mahoning Township, according to police.
It happened near the Burger King just east of Mall Road around 10 p.m.
Officials said Marcikonis was walking in the traffic lane when he was hit.
The driver of the truck stopped and no charges have been filed, Mahoning Township police said.
The road was shut down for about two hours while police investigated.
Pro-gun church explains AR-15 marriage ceremony.Read More »
- New Jim-Thorpe one-dollar coins selling out fast
- Some Poconos students to relocate Wednesday due to blessing ceremony featuring AR-15s
- Pair charged in numerous robberies, thefts at Walmart stores
- Monroe County teenager dies from flu complications
- AR-15 rifles to accompany church's blessing ceremony
- 2 more facing charges in relation to ESU stabbing
- Caught on camera: Domino's workers apprehend armed robbery suspect
- Parkland schools to reopen Monday after bus garage fire
- Wet weekend weather continues with steady rain this morning
- Wallenpaupack School District responds to nearby church ceremony involving AR-15 rifles
- Indivisible Berks Holds Rally in Support of Unions in Preparation of Major Supreme Court Case
- Updated Lower Macungie fire causes heavy damage to attached garage
- Murphy promises gun control, but for now reviews policies
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Man arrested for domestic violence assault in Fleetwood
- Joe Paterno movie coming to HBO