JIM THORPE, Pa. - A hiker was seriously injured after falling off the trail leading to Glen Onoko Falls.
According to officials, the man fell 10-to-15 feet sometime before 4 p.m. Wednesday afternoon.
It took firefighters from four communities almost two hours to reach the victim, who officials say was from Philadelphia.
He was treated at the scene by paramedics before being transported to a trauma center.
Rescuers had to contend with snowy conditions and icy trails along with a tree that had fallen over one of the trails.
Rescue workers had to cut apart a tree to reach the victim, who they say appeared to be in his late 20s or early 30s. He suffered facial and head injuries.
There's no update on his condition.
A deadly accident has shut down I-81 northbound, near Frackville, in Schuylkill County.Read More »
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Tip from Facebook staff leads to arrest of East Stroudsburg man for child porn
- Updated Governor Wolf plans to sign Real ID law
- Fatal crash closes I-81 northbound near Frackville
- Updated State senate passes Internet gambling bill
- Updated Lower Macungie cancer survivor raises money for research with annual event
- Updated Bluebells not blooming at Lock Ridge Park
- Updated New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- New charge for man charged in Forks Township cell phone robbery
- One Tank Trip: Coach #72 at WK&S Railroad in Kempton
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Former BCIU director, RSD superintendent enters race for Congress