JIM THORPE, Pa. - A hiker was seriously injured after falling off the trail leading to Glen Onoko Falls.
According to officials, the man fell 10-to-15 feet sometime before 4 p.m. Wednesday afternoon.
It took firefighters from four communities almost two hours to reach the victim, who officials say was from Philadelphia.
He was treated at the scene by paramedics before being transported to a trauma center.
Rescuers had to contend with snowy conditions and icy trails along with a tree that had fallen over one of the trails.
Rescue workers had to cut apart a tree to reach the victim, who they say appeared to be in his late 20s or early 30s. He suffered facial and head injuries.
There's no update on his condition.
A 22-year-old man is fighting for his life after being shot and left for dead on a road in Schuylkill County.Read More »
- Schuylkill man accused of killing dad busted on AC boardwalk
- AG: Nearly 30K pills stolen by pharmacy assistant in Tamaqua
- Man hit by vehicle in Mahoning, taken to hospital
- Pocono Mountain Regional Police bid farewell to K9 Niko
- Search continues for man accused of beating dad to death
- Police searching for man accused of killing father in Schuylkill
- Updated Early morning rain, then turning mostly sunny, less humid today
- Updated 2 displaced after fire in Exeter Twp.
- Police: Man shot, left for dead on road in Schuylkill County
- Baseballtown highlights National Hall of Famers who played at ballpark
- Crash snarls rush hour traffic on I-78 in Allentown
- 'Faces of Reading' creators seek help to showcase exhibit
- Protesters want gas drillers to pay extraction tax in Pa.
- Workers help NJ woman find prized necklace in trash
- Is Camp David's future as presidential retreat in jeopardy?
- Veterans memorial gets fresh look ahead of Independence Day