ELDRED TWP., Pa. - We now know the identity of the man who police said shot and wounded another man in Monroe County after an alleged robbery Thursday afternoon.
Albert Guzman assaulted Dylan Frantz at a gas station on Route 209 in Kresgeville around 3 p.m., police said.
Guzman, 22, of Effort, wanted to meet-up with Frantz, 20, of Kunkletown, after learning the man had stolen Guzman's drugs and guns, police said.
The two men ended up at a home on Sycamore Drive in Eldred Township, where the stolen items were located, and that is where Frantz shot Guzman, police said.
Guzman was transported to St. Luke's Hospital in Fountain Hill, Lehigh County. Officials had no information about his condition.
Frantz was charged with aggravated assault and committed to the Monroe County Correctional Facility on $500,000 bail.
Charges against Guzman are pending, police said.
The younger sister of a man who fatally shot a Pennsylvania State Police trooper in a 2014 ambush says he was her "protector" against their abusive parents.Read More »
- Fire destroys home in Schuylkill Township
- Shenandoah Sentinel creator has big plans
- Eric Frein's father, mother testify during penalty phase
- BonTon carries Pottsville pottery-maker's products
- Judge refuses competency hearing for police ambush killer
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Updated Northampton DA to announce findings in baby's 2016 death at day care
- Updated Police ambush gunman's sister calls him her 'protector'
- Standing-room-only crowd wants Troxell to be next Phillipsburg School District superintendent
- Berks executive convicted of stealing from company to be sentenced
- Updated NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. to retire at end of season
- 5K aims to promote importance of flexibility
- Four visits by Easton police equal one arrest
- Life Lessons: Grandparents get geeky
- Commission set to vote on New Jersey statehouse renovations
- Periods of rain or drizzle today; spotty rain or drizzle continues through early tomorrow