STROUDSBURG, Pa. - A Stroudsburg man who's accused of stabbing and killing a pregnant woman and her unborn child is heading to trial.
A judge ruled Monday that Ruben Velazquez will stand trial on homicide charges.
He's accused of stabbing Krystle Vasquez to death in February, at a home in Broad Street in Stroudsburg.
Vasquez was eight months pregnant at the time.
Police said the suspicious death of a man found in his Schuylkill County home earlier this week has been ruled a homicide.Read More »
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- Updated Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten