STROUDSBURG, Pa. - The man accused of pushing his girlfriend to her death in the Poconos will stand trial.
Zachary Collett, 26, waived a hearing on criminal homicide and other charges in Monroe County Thursday.
Police say Collett and Brianna Burkhart, both of Maryland, were drinking and got into an argument while traveling on Route 611 in Paradise Township in September.
The couple stopped and got out of the car while fighting.
Police say Collett shoved Burkhart into the highway and she was hit and killed by a vehicle.
New plans detail a new view at the vista and easier access for Flagstaff BallroomRead More »
- Stroud Township home to be auctioned
- Schuylkill man hit, killed by car on Route 61 had fallen onto road
- State police investigate fatal crash in Port Clinton
- 2-alarm blaze damages 2 homes in Shenandoah
- Man to stand trial on homicide charges in death of girlfriend in Monroe
- Ducks bludgeoned to death in Schuylkill County park
- Devices placed by David Surman, Jr. could be live
- New Man who killed wife pleads guilty, receives life in prison
- Lehigh County Humane Society begins treating rescued exotics
- Exeter Twp. requests residents with sewer service limit water usage
- Current, former school administrators could be charged
- New No injuries reported in vehicle fire
- Whitehall Township road reopened
- Updated Keystones a mandatory graduation requirement to be delayed
- Flagstaff Ballroom could get $14.5 million renovation project
- Marijuana could be legal in New Jersey by late October