HAMILTON TWP., Pa. - An East Stroudsburg man wanted in North Carolina was taken into custody.
State police stopped Johnny Smith, 32, on I-80 in Hamilton Township, Monroe County early Friday morning for traffic violations.
Police said Smith had multiple warrants out of North Carolina.
Officials said they also discovered an illegal handgun in his car.
Smith is behind held at Monroe County Correctional Facility.
His passenger in the car was also arrested on false ID and possession charges.
State police and Monroe County detectives raided Mountain View Vineyards in Hamilton and Jackson Townships Wednesday morning, along with the owners' home.Read More »
- Police: Owners of local winery record employees, customers without permission
- Businesses shovel out after snow blankets the Poconos
- Man goes to movies after allegedly killing Pocono Twp. couple
- Nephew charged in aunt, uncle's stabbing deaths
- Double homicide investigation leads to arrest in Poconos
- Pocono doctor picked to work as translator at Olympics
- APD looking for three bumbling armed robbers
- Police: Winery owners unlawfully recorded customers, employees
- YOUR PHOTOS: Snow falls across the region
- Pennsylvania's first marijuana dispensary opens in Bethlehem
- Updated New Lower Saucon police chief a lifelong resident
- Updated City Council acts to ensure vacancies filled by members of same party
- Updated Association moving forward with plans to revitalize three neighborhoods
- Updated Hamburg copes with half a foot of snow
- South Whitehall grants second extension to developer
- Reading School District discussing moving grades around