POCONO TOWNSHP, Pa. - The dead man found floating in the swimming pool of a Monroe County health club Wednesday has been identified as 64-year-old Scott Ewing of Pocono Township by the county coroner's office.
An autopsy has been performed on the victim, but the cause of death won't be determined until the coroner's office receives results of a study of organ tissue samples taken from the body.
A spokesman for the coroner's office said it usually takes about three weeks to get those results.
Ewing died while exercising in the pool at Elevations Health Club Wednesday morning. Someone saw him floating, not moving, in the shallow end of the pool and screamed for help.
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Tip from Facebook staff leads to arrest of East Stroudsburg man for child porn
- Leiby's reopens in Tamaqua
- Schuylkill mom says welfare officials okay with 'cage'
- Truck goes off cliff, lands on railroad tracks
- New Jersey resident finds severed foot and partial ankle in sneaker
- DA criticizes state police investigation of shooting by troopers
- Going the distance: Local couple celebrates 2,700 rides on Dorney's "Steel Force"
- 3 white men, 2 white women seated for Cosby jury
- Pershing Square reduces holding in Air Products
- Schuylkill Valley HS breaks ground on athletic complex
- Exeter Township moves forward with plans to change EMS service
- Colonial Regional, Bath could negotiate contracted services pact
- Rehearsal underway for 2017 Freddy's
- Crews assessing damage after car slams into restaurant