POCONO TOWNSHP, Pa. - The dead man found floating in the swimming pool of a Monroe County health club Wednesday has been identified as 64-year-old Scott Ewing of Pocono Township by the county coroner's office.
An autopsy has been performed on the victim, but the cause of death won't be determined until the coroner's office receives results of a study of organ tissue samples taken from the body.
A spokesman for the coroner's office said it usually takes about three weeks to get those results.
Ewing died while exercising in the pool at Elevations Health Club Wednesday morning. Someone saw him floating, not moving, in the shallow end of the pool and screamed for help.
The National Park Service will be closing River Road in Middle Smithfield Township between park headquarters and Hialeah Picnic Area to protect migrating amphibians.Read More »
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Updated Cosby is in court to ask judge for outside jury for trial
- Updated Warming trend starting this afternoon, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Updated Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Boscov: An American Story
- Updated Bonilla kicks off campaign for Lehigh County Commissioner
- Flemington man sentenced for child pornography
- Life Lessons: Swimming helps asthma
- Updated Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies