FRACKVILLE, Pa. - Police said the suspicious death of a man found in his Schuylkill County home earlier this week has been ruled a homicide.
Todd Swantek was found late Wednesday afternoon inside his home in the 400 block of North Third Street in Frackville, police said.
After the autopsy results Saturday, officials ruled his death a homicide, according Frackville Police Chief Richard Bell.
Swantek died of head wounds, said the Schuylkill County coroner's office.
Bell said no one is in custody, but police have a suspect in mind.
Police received the report of a dead body about 5 p.m. Wednesday. Family and friends reportedly became worried about the man after not hearing from him for a few days.
Swantek was in his late 40s or early 50s and was the only person inside the home at the time, but authorities believe he lived with at least one other person, Bell said.
- Skiers, snowboarders take advantage of early start to season
- Woman shot in Schuylkill County club dies from wounds
- Man's arm grievously wounded in workplace accident
- Man opens fire during bingo night at Schuylkill County bar
- One Tank Trip: Pocono Indian Museum
- Verdict reached in fraternity hazing death trial in Monroe County
- Ski season comes early in the Poconos
- Small Business Saturday in West Reading
- Off the Gridiron season in review
- Trading a college degree for a career in the trades
- Lights in the Parkway opens for 2017 season
- Is Black Friday dying?
- Reading's Christmas on the Mountain set to open Sunday
- Berks County shoppers swarm stores for Black Friday discounts
- Bethlehem kicks off the Christmas season
- Colder winter on the horizon? Weather folklore says yes