FRACKVILLE, Pa. - Police said the suspicious death of a man found in his Schuylkill County home earlier this week has been ruled a homicide.
Todd Swantek was found late Wednesday afternoon inside his home in the 400 block of North Third Street in Frackville, police said.
After the autopsy results Saturday, officials ruled his death a homicide, according Frackville Police Chief Richard Bell.
Swantek died of head wounds, said the Schuylkill County coroner's office.
Bell said no one is in custody, but police have a suspect in mind.
Police received the report of a dead body about 5 p.m. Wednesday. Family and friends reportedly became worried about the man after not hearing from him for a few days.
Swantek was in his late 40s or early 50s and was the only person inside the home at the time, but authorities believe he lived with at least one other person, Bell said.
- Diehard Eagles fan's friends were on target with this surprise
- $2.4 million invested into airport upgrades
- Dick's to expand hours, offer championship gear if Eagles win
- Local corporations raise funds with United Way campaign
- New distribution center in Tobyhanna Twp. to create 80 jobs
- Police: Winery owners unlawfully recorded customers, employees
- Man killed in fatal fire in Bethlehem Twp. ID'd
- Congressman Patrick Meehan denies allegation in misconduct claim
- FERC approves PennEast pipeline project
- Coroner ID's man killed in Allentown crash
- Dorney Park makes Eagles bet with Minnesota's Valleyfair Park
- History's Headlines: Man of Steel
- Firefighters battle fatal fire in Bethlehem Twp.
- Exeter Township police unveil new traffic enforcement unit
- Football excitement reaches fever pitch in Berks County
- Federal prosecutor previews trial of Mayor Ed Pawlowski