MOUNT POCONO, Pa. - Twenty-two-year-old Melissa McKee was arrested Friday afternoon on charges that she engaged in prostitution at hotels and motels in the borough of Mount Pocono, Monroe County.
The investigation by Pocono Mountain Regional Police was initiated by a letter from a concerned citizen.
Police conducted surveillance at several motels.
Last Wednesday, McKee was spotted at a hotel, but was able to evade arrest.
She was arrested around 2:30 p.m. Friday at another unidentified hotel in the borough, where she was meeting an individual to engage in sexual activity for money.
She is being charged with prostitution, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of unidentified instruments of crime.
When arrested, the defendant was in possession of drug paraphernalia and suspected controlled substances.
The police department's investigation revealed McKee is wanted for probation violations in both Monroe and Lehigh counties.
She was incarcerated in the Monroe County Correctional Facility.
McKee gave police no home address.
Authorities in Schuylkill County said they are investigating the suspicious death of a man that was reported after a concerned friend discovered his body.Read More »
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Gov. Wolf signs Real ID law, expects new licenses in 2019
- Updated Man killed in crash with fire truck in Allen Township
- Marc Anthony to come 'full circle' with return to Reading
- Suspect who lost hand in home invasion sent to prison
- Vietnam veteran tapped as grand marshal of Exeter parade
- Pa. health officials warn of possible measles exposure
- Black bear spotted roaming Leopard country
- Health Beat: HPV cancers on the rise
- Passing showers but more seasonable Friday
- PPL deploying smarter technology