POTTSVILLE, Pa. - A Schuylkill County man who gave his life to his country was remembered in a memorial service Saturday.
Captain Jason Jones, originally of Orwigsburg, was killed in a fire-fight in Afghanistan on Monday.
Friends and families gathered at Pottsville United Methodist Church to mourn and share memories of their fallen hero.
Captain Justin Hendricks of the New Jersey National Guard said,: "We need to remember these people not so much for the tragedy of their death but remember them for the honor of their service. I think that's how they'd want to be remembered."
Jones served as commander of a Special Forces A-Team stationed in Fort Brag, North Carolina.
Jones, 29, is survived by his wife, parents and sister.
The trial of Phil Leone, the ex-Bangor councilman accused of sexual abuse of children, has begun according to a Northampton County court administrator.Read More »
- Reproduction of mural fills void of original in Lehighton
- East Stroudsburg needs $1.8 million for dam repairs
- NPS to close River Rd. in Middle Smithfield to protect migrating amphibians
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Allentown hit-and-run victim dies week after incident
- Time to get your fill of fastnachts
- Updated Nearly record warmth today and tomorrow with a few showers
- Road Blocks - Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Updated It's Fastnacht Day in Pennsylvania
- Updated Allentown police arrest unwelcome guest outside apartment building
- Man allegedly tries to head-butt arresting officers, damages patrol car
- Man tells police he stole mom's money as she slept
- Allentown man charged in connection with robbery and shooting
- Police: Nurse recorded videos of naked patients