ROSS TWP., Pa. - They were husbands, neighbors, fathers and friends.
The three men who lost their lives in a hail of bullets inside the Ross Twp., Monroe Co., municipal building are being mourned by all who knew them.
"No shortage of energy or ambition. He was the eternal optimist. Never an obstacle he couldn't overcome." said Chestnuthill Twp. Supervisor Chris Eckert about one of the victims, David Fleetwood.
Fleetwood, 62, was one of three men who couldn't escape the bullets Monday night.
"He is a hole that will be very difficult to fill," Eckert said.
Fleetwood also served as a Chestnuthill Twp. supervisor.
From running the little league baseball league to planning the township's 250th anniversary celebration and raising money for a yet-to-be-built park, Fleetwood, a former member of the Air Force, retired IBM worker and father of three, poured his heart and soul into the township, Eckert said.
"Things would be done. You knew he did it, but he'd never tell you he'd do it," Eckert said.
Professional musician Gerard Kozic had his voice heard through music.
"Gerry could do anything, was one of those musicians," said Lois Heckman.
Lois and Kent Heckman played with Kozic for years. The 53-year-old played all over the world and was set to start his first jazz album. He wrote a tribute to his beloved late German shepherds last year, but Lois said it was his beloved wife Linda, who was injured in Monday's shooting, who was his true inspiration.
"When you talk about Gerry, you have to talk about Linda. They were two peas in a pod," Lois said.
James LaGuardia, 64, ran a TV repair service and has a son who is a pastor in Georgia.
There is a memorial for all three victims Thursday at 7 p.m. at the the Our Lady Queen of Peace Catholic Church in Broadheadsville.
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Updated One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Walking a mile in their shoes
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade