STROUDSBURG, Monroe County - Michael Rhubart pleaded guilty to murder Monday in Monroe County Court and was sentenced to 15 to 30 years in prison.
Rhubart, who resided in Chestnuthill Township in the county, was charged with homicide in the 2012 death of 33-year-old Jubar Hughes.
Hughes' body was found in a shallow grave in Kidder Township, Carbon County.
Police reported that Hughes, who was from Newark, N.J., was living with Rhubart.
Police said Rhubart admitted to shooting Hughes in the head with a shotgun on Oct. 20, 2012, and burying him the next day along an ATV trail near Henning Drive in Kidder Township. Hughes' body was found on Oct. 22, 2012.
Rhubart was 28 at the time he committed the crime.
- Police searching for missing Bronx man with head wound in Monroe County
- Police: Father was passed out in car while holding gun; 2 children were in back seat
- 2 arrested for attempted homicide, robbery in North Manheim
- Vatican upholds Diocese's consolidation of Panther Valley parishes
- Police: Elderly man threatens neighbor with rifle to turn down music
- Wrongful death lawsuit filed against man who allegedly murdered Holly Grim
- Pair of Reading shooting suspects nabbed in Allentown
- Updated City shuts down luxury Airbnb in Bethlehem
- Updated Plastics manufacturing workers rally in Harrisburg
- Updated Patients battling cancer receive special donation
- Updated Chester DA announces 46 drug arrests in 'Operation Wildfire'
- Updated Miss Fashion Week coming to Allentown
- Updated Sojourn shows off natural resources of the Lehigh River
- Newly-elected Allentown bishop addresses parishioners
- Updated Creator of 'Sweat' back in Reading for art installation
- Quakertown triangle lot revitalization project stalls