STROUDSBURG, Monroe County - Michael Rhubart pleaded guilty to murder Monday in Monroe County Court and was sentenced to 15 to 30 years in prison.
Rhubart, who resided in Chestnuthill Township in the county, was charged with homicide in the 2012 death of 33-year-old Jubar Hughes.
Hughes' body was found in a shallow grave in Kidder Township, Carbon County.
Police reported that Hughes, who was from Newark, N.J., was living with Rhubart.
Police said Rhubart admitted to shooting Hughes in the head with a shotgun on Oct. 20, 2012, and burying him the next day along an ATV trail near Henning Drive in Kidder Township. Hughes' body was found on Oct. 22, 2012.
Rhubart was 28 at the time he committed the crime.
- Former wrestling coach arraigned on 396 charges in Monroe County
- Former Carbon County vet gets probation
- Police: Burglars broke into home while resident was sleeping
- Butterbeer ice cream hitting shelves for Harry Potter fans
- PHOTOS: Crews respond to house fire in West Penn Township
- Crews respond to house fire in West Penn Township
- Phillipsburg 10-year-old saves grandfather's life with Heimlich maneuver
- Pedestrian reportedly struck by big rig in Berks County
- Police ID man sought after high-speed chase, crash in Berks
- Divers call off underwater search at Blue Marsh Lake
- Reading faithful line up for championship game tickets
- Community rallies to support Reading toddler's cancer battle
- Lehigh County detainee policy questioned
- Former Drinky's gets half a shot of what it wants from Easton City Council
- Warren Co. Freeholders pass 2017 budget with no tax increase
- Reading mother disgruntled over elementary school safety concerns