A man convicted in a grizzly Carbon County murder is heading to prison.
Michael Rhubart, of Monroe County, was charged in the 2012 homicide of Jubar Hughes.
Hughes' body was found in a shallow grave in Kidder Township with a shotgun blast to the head.
Rhubart pleaded guilty to the crime Monday.
He received 15 to 30 years behind bars.
Crews responded to the fire in the 300 block of Fairview Street in Rush Township Saturday morning.Read More »
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Defense begins to present its case in Eric Frein trial penalty phase
- Fallen trooper's wife gives emotional testimony in trial
- Penalty phase starts in Eric Frein trial
- Schuylkill County issues temporary open burning ban
- Eric Frein found guilty, sentencing phase set to get underway
- Sunday to be milder with sun, high clouds
- President Trump will celebrate 100-day benchmark with rally in Harrisburg
- Berks man who turned life around is giving back to humane society
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Local libraries fight to survive cuts
- Fishing event makes dreams come true
- Legendary coach honored in Kutztown
- Giant issues recall of Atkins burritos, Lay's Kettle Cooked chips
- Pennsylvania launches tax amnesty program
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.