STROUD TWP., Pa. - A missing Monroe County man apparently has been found safe, Stroud Area Regional Police reported Wednesday afternoon.
The family of 54-year-old Michael Vitek, who is deaf, was concerned about his mental and physical well-being.
Police had asked for the public's help to find Vitek, who was last seen leaving his home in the 100 block of Denis Court in Stroud Township around 9 p.m. Tuesday.
He left on foot.
Police provided no details regarding when and where Vitek was found.
A preliminary hearing is scheduled Wednesday for a Schuylkill County man accused of leaving three children home alone, with one of them locked in a 'cage.'Read More »
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- Tip from Facebook staff leads to arrest of East Stroudsburg man for child porn
- Leiby's reopens in Tamaqua
- Schuylkill mom says welfare officials okay with 'cage'
- Updated Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Updated Defense raises race bias in Cosby jury selection process
- Exeter Township Police enforce zero-tolerance policy
- Updated Pa. DEP holds IESI Landfill meeting
- Easton's new police headquarters taking shape
- Palmer receives $347K grant for Chrin Field development project
- Phillipsburg steps back salary ranges after resident complaints
- Updated Reading Planning Commission, Alvernia move forward with Health Complex
- Updated Man suspected of robbing Forks Verizon store set for preliminary hearing
- Updated Some rain this morning followed by clouds and some sunny breaks this afternoon