STROUD TWP., Pa. - An endangered woman listed as missing Wednesday evening was found deceased hours later, officials said.
Stroud Area Regional Police asked for the public's help to find 63-year-old Darlene Bancey who walked away from Lakewood Personal Care Home at 1482 Cherry Lane Road in Stroud Township around 5:45 p.m. Wednesday.
She was considered endangered because she has medial and psychiatric conditions that put her at heightened risk.
Around 5:45 a.m. Thursday, a member of the Northeast Pa Search and Rescue team located a body in one of the lakes near Lakewood, police said.
The body was identified around 7:45 a.m. Thursday as Bancey.
The investigation into the cause and manner of death is ongoing.
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Police activity prompts 'secure in place' measure at Pleasant Valley School District
- VIDEO: Frein given additional prison time
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying
- Today cooler, closer to seasonable with more clouds than sun
- Updated Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium