MONROE COUNTY, Pa. - For the second time in just three weeks, the Monroe County Coroner's Office is facing a lawsuit.
Chief Deputy Coroner Michael Sak is suing Coroner Bob Allen, Allen's wife - Deputy Coroner Kathleen "Traci" Allen - and the county.
The lawsuit filed in county court alleges similar claims of mismanagement made by former Deputy Coroner Lauren Fizz. She filed a suit against the office in federal court last month.
In Sak's lawsuit, he claims that the coroner's wife made sexual advances toward him and when he rebuffed her she became "irate" and threw a chair. The suit also claims that although Bob Allen was elected to the coroner's position, it is actually his wife who runs the office, despite not having the necessary qualifications.
In the lawsuit, Sak claims that after he refused Traci Allen's multiple sexual advances, she tried to fire him without having the proper authority to do so. In August, former Deputy Coroner Lauren Fizz filed a lawsuit in federal court that says she was fired for being a so-called whistleblower about Traci Allen's behavior.
Both lawsuits also claim that Traci Allen stole prescription medication and personal items from the dead. The Monroe County District Attorney's Office says claims of misconduct are under investigation but as of Tuesday, no wrongdoing has been found.
Investigators are asking anyone with information to contact the DA's office. 69 News reached out to Sak's attorneys and the coroner's office for comment but they did not return our calls.
- Diehard Eagles fan's friends were on target with this surprise
- $2.4 million invested into airport upgrades
- Dick's to expand hours, offer championship gear if Eagles win
- Local corporations raise funds with United Way campaign
- New distribution center in Tobyhanna Twp. to create 80 jobs
- Police: Winery owners unlawfully recorded customers, employees
- Man killed in fatal fire in Bethlehem Twp. ID'd
- Congressman Patrick Meehan denies allegation in misconduct claim
- Updated FERC approves PennEast pipeline project
- Coroner ID's man killed in Allentown crash
- Dorney Park makes Eagles bet with Minnesota's Valleyfair Park
- History's Headlines: Man of Steel
- Firefighters battle fatal fire in Bethlehem Twp.
- Exeter Township police unveil new traffic enforcement unit
- Football excitement reaches fever pitch in Berks County
- Federal prosecutor previews trial of Mayor Ed Pawlowski