MONROE COUNTY, Pa. - For the second time in just three weeks, the Monroe County Coroner's Office is facing a lawsuit.
Chief Deputy Coroner Michael Sak is suing Coroner Bob Allen, Allen's wife - Deputy Coroner Kathleen "Traci" Allen - and the county.
The lawsuit filed in county court alleges similar claims of mismanagement made by former Deputy Coroner Lauren Fizz. She filed a suit against the office in federal court last month.
In Sak's lawsuit, he claims that the coroner's wife made sexual advances toward him and when he rebuffed her she became "irate" and threw a chair. The suit also claims that although Bob Allen was elected to the coroner's position, it is actually his wife who runs the office, despite not having the necessary qualifications.
In the lawsuit, Sak claims that after he refused Traci Allen's multiple sexual advances, she tried to fire him without having the proper authority to do so. In August, former Deputy Coroner Lauren Fizz filed a lawsuit in federal court that says she was fired for being a so-called whistleblower about Traci Allen's behavior.
Both lawsuits also claim that Traci Allen stole prescription medication and personal items from the dead. The Monroe County District Attorney's Office says claims of misconduct are under investigation but as of Tuesday, no wrongdoing has been found.
Investigators are asking anyone with information to contact the DA's office. 69 News reached out to Sak's attorneys and the coroner's office for comment but they did not return our calls.
A rural school district in Pennsylvania is arming teachers and students with buckets of rocks in what the superintendent says would be a last resort should an armed intruder burst in.Read More »
- Monroe County graduate dies in fire, honored with procession
- Stroudsburg man allegedly exports firearm parts to Iraq
- Firefighter killed in York was from Monroe County
- Suspect out of hospital after crash involving stolen minivan
- Palmerton man killed in crash in Washington Township
- Snowfall totals from the 69 News viewing area
- Car crash in Schuylkill County ends in arrest of woman wanted for theft
- Updated Lehigh Valley International Airport sees increased passenger traffic in February
- Updated Berks County Coroner looking for woman's next of kin
- Bethlehem car chase ends in crash
- A mostly dry but chilly weekend in store
- History's Headlines: The mystery of Stephen Gould
- Stay Amped concert raises money for gun violence prevention
- Third Street Alliance in Easton holding fundraiser Saturday
- Style Encore resale shop manager, employees visit 69 News
- Gail Hoover's Birthday Bash fundraiser to be held Saturday