STROUDSBURG, Pa. - Four people charged in a deadly drive-by shooting in Monroe County are heading to trial.
Kaylynn Bunnell, Bruce Murray, Dygunn Mitchell and Jaqueline Harrigan entered the courtroom one by one, escorted by state police.
The four are facing numerous charges, including homicide, for a deadly drive-by shooting last month on Timber Road in Hamilton Township, Monroe County.
Monday all four waived their preliminary hearings, a hearing that left one suspect in tears.
A number of investigators, and even the Monroe County coroner, were in the courtroom ready to testify.
After an hour and a half, all four suspects decided to waive the hearing.
Court records say the shooting was put into motion after Bunnell talked to Harrigan about being robbed during a drug deal.
The two women, and three others got in a car driven by Kaylynn Bunnell, and went to the home because they believed someone connected to the robbery was staying there.
Court records say Murray, Mitchell, and another male, Brandon Wilson, were in the back seat of the car.
The affidavit of probable cause says Harrigan told investigators she heard several gunshots from the back seat and she says she saw Wilson firing them.
Darcey Kravchenko, 39, was hit by the gunfire in a back bedroom.
He was rushed to the hospital where he later died.
The only person to show any emotion during the hearing was Dygunn Mitchell.
He was in tears after speaking with his lawyer before waiving his preliminary hearing.
Mitchell was the last of the four to leave the courtroom and by then the tears were dry.
Family members for the accused and the victim declined to speak on camera.
So far, the next court date has not been set for the four.
Dygunn Mitchell is 16, but being charged as an adult.
Police are still searching for Brandon Wilson.
The National Park Service will be closing River Road in Middle Smithfield Township between park headquarters and Hialeah Picnic Area to protect migrating amphibians.Read More »
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Updated Public memorial service planned for Al Boscov
- Updated Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- Police investigating morning shooting in Reading
- Warm and breezy today with strong to severe t-storms this afternoon
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees
- Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey