POLK TWP., Pa. - A 64 year old male was pronounced dead at the scene of a car accident Thursday morning in Polk Township.
William Mount, of Kunkletown, was the driver of a vehicle involved in a single vehicle accident reported around 9:29 a.m.
The accident occurred on Silver Springs Boulevard near the intersection of Mountain View Drive.
Mount was wearing a seat belt at the time of the accident.
Monroe County Coroner Bob Allen has ruled the cause of death as pending at this time until the Forensic Autopsy Report is made available.
Other agencies involved in the accident are PSP Lehighton, West End Ambulance and Polk Township Volunteer Fire Department.
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Police activity prompts 'secure in place' measure at Pleasant Valley School District
- VIDEO: Frein given additional prison time
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying
- Today cooler, closer to seasonable with more clouds than sun
- Updated Yo ho ho! Pennsylvania aims to smash US embargo on Cuban rum
- Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- President Trump signs executive order on trade while in Pennsylvania
- Girlfriend's on-air killing drives anchorman into politics
- New Salvation Army opens in Berks
- First responders practice emergency preparedness at LVIA
- Crews rescue woman from Allentown fire
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium