TOWAMENSING TWP., Pa. - Pennsylvania State Police report that a Monroe County man died early Sunday morning in a single-vehicle crash.
State police with the Lehighton barracks said 33-year-old Thomas Janotti, of the Kunkletown area of Eldred Township, was killed in Carbon County shortly before 12:30 a.m. on Christmas Eve.
Police said Janotti was driving north on Spruce Hollow Road in Towamensing Township, when his 2009 Nissan Maxima left the road. The car sustained heavy damage after its collided with a tree.
Authorities said Janotti was pronounced dead at the scene.
A rural school district in Pennsylvania is arming teachers and students with buckets of rocks in what the superintendent says would be a last resort should an armed intruder burst in.Read More »
- Monroe County graduate dies in fire, honored with procession
- Stroudsburg man allegedly exports firearm parts to Iraq
- Firefighter killed in York was from Monroe County
- Suspect out of hospital after crash involving stolen minivan
- Palmerton man killed in crash in Washington Township
- Snowfall totals from the 69 News viewing area
- New Kevin Esterly extradited back to Pennsylvania
- Car crash in Schuylkill County ends in arrest of woman wanted for theft
- Lehigh Valley International Airport sees increased passenger traffic in February
- Berks County Coroner looking for woman's next of kin
- Bethlehem car chase ends in crash
- History's Headlines: The mystery of Stephen Gould
- Stay Amped concert raises money for gun violence prevention
- Third Street Alliance in Easton holding fundraiser Saturday
- Style Encore resale shop manager, employees visit 69 News
- Gail Hoover's Birthday Bash fundraiser to be held Saturday