PARADISE TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A 23-year-old Monroe County man faces assault charges for knocking his pregnant girlfriend to the ground and then repeatedly punching her 16-year-old son in the face.
State police report Ronald Maurice Smith of Cresco had been arguing with his girlfriend when he knocked her down.
It happened just after midnight Wednesday in the 5000 block of Route 191 in Paradise Township.
When her 16-year-old son attempted to intervene to protect his mother, Smith punched him in the face multiple times, then left.
The boy was transported to Pocono Medical Center by Pocono Mountain Regional Ambulance for evaluation of his injuries.
Smith will be charged, according to state police at Swiftwater.
A jury is expected to begin weighing the sentence for a gunman who targeted Pennsylvania state troopers at their barracks, killing one and leaving a second with devastating injuries.Read More »
- Eric Frein laughed about selling story in recorded phone call
- Police ambush killer won't take stand in bid to spare life
- Fire destroys home in Schuylkill Township
- Shenandoah Sentinel creator has big plans
- Eric Frein's father, mother testify during penalty phase
- BonTon carries Pottsville pottery-maker's products
- Updated 2 women in critical condition after crash near Dorney Park
- Jury to begin weighing sentence for police ambush killer
- Updated Berks officials continue to discuss partnership with ICE
- Updated 2 stores in Cumru robbed at gunpoint
- Updated Rollover crash reported on I-78 in Lower Saucon
- Updated Clouds and some sun with a sprinkle in spots; turning milder this afternoon
- Christie to mark prescription drug disposal event
- SteelStacks partners with Lehigh Valley Grand Prix for inaugural fundraising event
- Daughter: Bill Cosby 'is not abusive, violent or a rapist'
- Life Lessons: Be Strong: Anti-bullying phone app