Silence from James Bidwell Friday as he was led into a Monroe County courtroom.
Bidwell is charged with murdering Kristen Wagner.
Originally Wagner's death was ruled a suicide in 2011. Wagner was found in a refrigeration trailer with an electrical wire around her neck at a scrap yard owned by Bidwell in Stroud Township.
Prosecutors called two witnesses during Friday's preliminary hearing and presented six pieces of evidence.
"We will not rely on any single piece of evidence to make the case. It's going to be physical evidence, it's going to be cell phone records, it's going to be forensic evidence, it's going to be witness statements," said Michael Mancuso, Monroe County First Assistant District Attorney.
One of those witnesses, will be a man who knew James Bidwell while they were in jail together according to the prosecution. A detective testified the witness told police Bidwell confessed to strangling Wagner and putting her body in the trailer to make it look like she committed suicide.
"My client vehemently denies these accusations and he looks forward to his day in court. He maintains his innocence of these charges," said Brian McMonagle, Bidwell's attorney.
The detective further testified Bidwell and Wagner were having an affair and Bidwell allegedly murdered Wagner because his wife was pregnant, and Bidwell was afraid Wagner would talk about the relationship.
The defense says the testimony was hearsay but a judge allowed it.
Bidwell was charged following a grand jury investigation this year and Friday a judge ruled there is enough evidence to go to trial.
The former director of the CIA says ousted national security advisor Michael Flynn discussed the possibility of subverting the US extradition process to remove Fetullah Gulen from the United States.Read More »
- Blakeslee woman killed in Hamilton Twp. crash
- I-80 West reopens after tractor trailer overturns in Monroe Count
- Main jury picked in trial of barracks shooting suspect
- 4 Pennsylvania GOP congressmen now oppose health care bill
- Stroudsburg teacher negotiations continue
- Former wrestling coach arraigned on 396 charges in Monroe County
- BBB: Reading Wins First Ever State Championship
- Arrest made in overnight Allentown shooting
- Fmr CIA Director reportedly accused Michael Flynn of working to oust Fetullah Gulen
- Fmr Russian spy shares stories of life as double agent
- Man accused of raping 11-year-old girl multiple times
- Allentown man dies in motorcycle crash
- IronPigs show off 2nd largest video board in MiLB
- PennDOT to resurface 15 miles of highway in Bucks County
- 12 mile stretch of Northeast Extension to close overnight
- Law enforcement pushes for return to mandatory minimum sentences