HAMILTON TWP., Pa. - A local Pennsylvania winery earned a top honor for one of its wines.
The American Wine Society named Mountain View Vineyard's 'Bliss White' wine the Best Wine in Pennsylvania.
Owners of the Hamilton Township winery, Linda and Randy Rice, accepted their award at the annual American Wine Society conference.
"It means so much to us to have our wine recognized. What started out as a hobby has grown into a thriving business and to have that hard work recognized is special," said Linda Rice.
Their 'Bliss White' is a Vidal Blanc wine with notes of citrus, melon, and a hint of oak.
In addition, two other Mountain View Vineyard products earned awards. The Noiret Red won the American Wine Society gold medal and LaCrescent Sparkling Wine won the silver medal.
Divers are searching the Lehigh River near Glen Onoko Falls for a missing swimmer.Read More »
- DA: Monroe County individuals face charges after multi-state investigation
- Coffee with a Cop: Police surprise customers in Stroudsburg
- Intruder shot by homeowner in Schuylkill County now faces charges
- Bangor man killed in motorcycle crash
- Woman flown to hospital after crash on Route 61
- Officials say careless cooking caused Schuylkill County fire
- Coroner identifies man killed in Route 22 crash
- Crews search for missing swimmer at Glen Onoko falls
- Volunteer firefighters graduate ready to serve
- Immigration protesters flock to Philadelphia Pence event
- Multi-alarm fire spreads through homes in northwest Reading
- D-Day veterans honored at local Battle of the Bulge Association
- Bethlehem council votes on marijuana ordinance
- Parents raise concerns about bullying, racism at Bangor schools
- Phillipsburg council president changes mind on no-confidence vote
- New Parkland school to be called Veterans Memorial