HAMILTON TWP., Pa. - A local Pennsylvania winery earned a top honor for one of its wines.
The American Wine Society named Mountain View Vineyard's 'Bliss White' wine the Best Wine in Pennsylvania.
Owners of the Hamilton Township winery, Linda and Randy Rice, accepted their award at the annual American Wine Society conference.
"It means so much to us to have our wine recognized. What started out as a hobby has grown into a thriving business and to have that hard work recognized is special," said Linda Rice.
Their 'Bliss White' is a Vidal Blanc wine with notes of citrus, melon, and a hint of oak.
In addition, two other Mountain View Vineyard products earned awards. The Noiret Red won the American Wine Society gold medal and LaCrescent Sparkling Wine won the silver medal.
Police say driver of Ford Explorer crossed over the center line.Read More »
- Route 115 reopens after fatal crash
- Route 611 closed after vehicle runs into pole
- 2 males break window to enter elementary school
- Pa. Turnpike reopened after wreck in Lehigh Tunnel
- Friends remember Chris Hixon, LV native killed in Florida shooting
- Camelback's ski camp leads its students to Paralympics
- Blakeslee woman killed in Rt. 115 head-on collision
- Pa. GOP to take newly-released congressional map to court
- Project Lifesaver assists police in finding the lost
- Bethlehem Township updating ordinances
- Hockey players on a mission of hope
- New Congressional districts present challenges
- History's Headlines: This old house finds a new life
- Mental health professionals say open communication is key
- Penn State Berks tops among campuses in 2018 THON fundraiser
- Police prepping drivers for roundabout at Routes 222, 662