TOBYHANNA TWP., Pa. - A Monroe County woman died after being hit by a car at a busy intersection Tuesday night.
Pocono Mountain Regional Police said 49-year-old Jeanine Anes of Tobyhanna Twp. was hit by a vehicle driven by Michael Klasen of Dunmore, Lackawanna County.
The accident happened around 8 p.m. at the intersection of Routes 611 and 423 (Prospect Street) in Tobyhanna.
Anes was found unconscious and was airlifted to Geisinger Hospital in Scranton where she died of her injuries a little over an hour later.
Klasen suffered minor injuries.
Police closed the northbound lanes of Route 611 for several hours while they conducted an investigation.
The road was reopened around 2 a.m. Wednesday.
The investigation is continuing, Anyone with information is asked to call police at 570-895-2450.
Police said the suspicious death of a man found in his Schuylkill County home earlier this week has been ruled a homicide.Read More »
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- Updated Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Passing shower this afternoon, mainly dry next two days
- Updated Body found in Schuylkill River in Cumru Township
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump
- Summer recipes on the grill
- World War II veteran discusses issues faced by those returning from war
- 75-year-old man dies days after crash on Route 22
- Famed Berks wrestling coach gone, but not forgotten
- Summer getaways in the Lehigh Valley