WALKER TWP., Pa. - Fire destroyed a large building at Koch's Turkey Farm in Schuylkill County Saturday.
Sunday, a neighboring business and family friend of the Koch's said their prayers are with the family during this trying time.
“Our families share a lot of common roots growing up in the Lewistown Valley and something like that, it kind of hits you,” co-owner of Leiby’s Restaurant Daniel Leiby said.
The fire broke out around 3 p.m. Saturday and destroyed one of the largest buildings on the Walker Township property.
Firefighters worked for hours to get the flames under control and smoke could be seen from miles away.
Fortunately no animals or people were hurt.
"There was no poultry inside the building. It was not used for animals, it was used for equipment storage" said Chad Felty, with Tamaqua Fire Rescue.
The fire at Koch's Turkey Farm is still under investigation.
One person has died after a house fire in Carbon County Sunday night.Read More »
- 2 injured in Franklin Township house fire
- FERC approves PennEast pipeline project
- Diehard Eagles fan's friends were on target with this surprise
- $2.4 million invested into airport upgrades
- Dick's to expand hours, offer championship gear if Eagles win
- Local corporations raise funds with United Way campaign
- Updated Prosecution says Pawlowski a 'relentless fundraising machine'
- Pennsylvania GOP to seek a stop to gerrymandering case
- Updated Strike watch: Wilson to make school announcement by 7:30 p.m
- Updated Super Bowl ticket prices a hurdle for fans
- Updated Local businesses react to Tilghman Street Bridge closing
- Positive Parenting: Power of touch
- Health Beat: Edible gel replaces 20 heart pills a day?
- PHOTOS: Body scanner demonstration at Wernersville CCC
- $2 million fund aims to help Lehigh Valley organizations
- Police seize over $4,000 worth of drugs in Pottstown apartment