RUSH TWP., Pa. - Investigators were searching for Shawn Christy in parts of Schuylkill and Carbon counties after he was reportedly spotted in the area overnight.
Christy may have broken into a home on Ben Titus Road near Route 309, at the Carbon/Schuylkill County border, state police said Friday morning.
The suspected burglar, believed to be Christy, ran into the homeowner and said he was homeless and looking for food, troopers said.
The man, wearing blue jeans, an olive drab "military style" t-shirt and red baseball cap, then ran off into the woods.
U.S. Marshals said the sighting was not confirmed to be Christy.
State police closed off Ben Titus Road in that area as well as Quakake Road at Spring Mountain Road in Packer Township, near Weatherly.
The roads reopened around 6 a.m. and troopers cleared that area, but state police said the search in Rush Township and the surrounding area is still ongoing.
The Rush Township Board of Supervisors warned residents to be vigilant and keep doors, windows and their cars locked, according to a Facebook post.
Christy is wanted for threatening President Donald Trump and other leaders, including Northampton County District Attorney John Morganelli.
He's been on the run since June and is accused of stealing several vehicles in Pennsylvania and other states.
U.S. Marshals found a vehicle believed stolen by Christy in the Rush Township area earlier this week.
Investigators say he should be considered armed and dangerous.
Any suspicious activity or possible Christy sightings should call 911 immediately.
The search for a fugitive from Schuylkill County has picked up a big-name searcher.Read More »
- Father of fugitive Shawn Christy makes plea to son
- Police search for missing Schuylkill County girl
- Tobyhanna Township to receive new wells
- East Stroudsburg brothers, Wind Gap man killed in Route 209 crash
- East Stroudsburg teachers strike ends, school to resume Wednesday
- Fatal crash leaves 3 dead on Route 209 at dangerous intersection
- Council members say faith is lost in Phillipsburg mayor
- Dog the Bounty Hunter to join search for Shawn Christy
- Updated Reading mayor responds to former city manager's comments
- Bucks woman sentenced in fatal DUI crash
- Life Lessons: Eye contact key to bonding with baby
- Hearing scheduled for former South Whitehall officer charged in fatal shooting
- Judge nixes Cosby request to step down; sentencing set for Monday
- Man wanted for killing parents, shooting at ex-wife in Chester County found dead
- Allentown narrowly approves debt refinancing
- Final Downtown Alive concert of the summer