LOWER TOWAMENSING TWP., Pa. - A New Jersey woman has died after a snowboarding accident in the Poconos.
Euna Shin, 20, was injured in a fall while snowboarding at Blue Mountain Resort Wednesday evening, according to the Lehigh County coroner.
Shin was pronounced dead at the hospital Thursday night.
The coroner said she died from head injuries sustained in the fall.
Officials said Shin was wearing a helmet. Her death has been ruled an accident.
Blue Mountain issued a statement that reads, "Right now, the incident is under investigation. Our hearts and prayers go out to the victim and her family."
Authorities have not released any other information about the incident.
- 5 Schuylkill County boroughs, townships nominated as Opportunity Zones
- Air pistol, pocket knife found on Pottsville Area HS student
- 6 face felony charges in relation to stealing $336K from Pa. agency
- Local counties receive funding for summer internship programs
- Mount Pocono man wanted for homicide in Wayne County
- 32-year-old faces charges for alleged sexual assault in Monroe County
- Pawlowski's attorney files motion for acquittal
- Teen to spend at least 6 years in prison for fatal 2017 Easton wreck
- Wrong-way driving precedes crash on Route 61 in Berks
- Students encouraged by National School Walkout Day
- Cosby's attorneys attempt to raise doubt about timeframe of assault
- Local jazz band keeps spirits alive in Allentown
- Muhlenberg College kicks off Earth Day with festival
- Police investigate body found in Monroe County
- Berks students walk out of schools to protest gun violence
- Local 5th graders deliver food to those in need