POCONO TWP., Pa. - A new attraction in the Poconos is being hailed as a 21st century upgrade to the famed Alpine Slide.
The Pocono Pipeline Mountain Slide is now open at Camelback Mountain Adventures.
The slide goes down a 2,800--foot track at speeds of up to 25 miles per hour. It replaces the former long-time mountain slide that closed about 12 years ago.
"We've seen a lot of interest through social media and our traditional guests have led us to know it's something they did as a child and they're excited to bring their kids out and do again," said Dru Brooks, director of sales and marketing.
Camelback said the new attraction is open daily but they recommend buying a ticket ahead of time due the popularity of the ride.
- ESU women's basketball manager meets Steph Curry
- Yuengling adds new beer to product portfolio
- ESU president announces new security measures for campus
- Wife who plotted husband's murder sentenced to 18-48 months
- Bullet found on floor at Panther Valley Junior Senior High
- Fmr. Lansford council president heads to Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition
- Updated 15 arrested in bust of violent drug trafficking organization
- Toys R Us delays liquidation sales; likely to start Friday
- Updated Lehigh Valley Auto Show prepares for opening night
- Updated Allentown Police Chief Glen Dorney is retiring
- Updated Truck crashes, catches fire in Hanover Township
- Rooftops of Reading garages cleared ahead of sold-out show
- After storm, BARTA, Bieber bus service returning to normal
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (5:30 p.m.)
- Berks County snow totals: How much have you seen?
- Life Lessons: Teen driving distractions