BARRETT TWP., Pa. - A new bridge carrying Route 447 traffic over Spruce Cabin Run opened Friday in Barrett Township, Monroe County.
That section of the highway had been closed since Jan. 13, while workers removed the old bridge, according to the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
The project was completed one month ahead of schedule.
During construction, Route 447 traffic was detoured between Route 390 and Mill Creek Road.
The old Route 447 bridge was a single span, concrete box beam bridge constructed in 1957. It was 67 feet long and 34 feet wide.
The new Route 447 bridge is a 68-feet-long, 32 feet wide, single-span concrete box beam bridge.
That section of Route 447 has an average daily traffic volume of 2,198 vehicles.
Also included in the project was replacement of the Route 191 bridge over Brodhead Creek in Stroud Township.
That traffic was detoured between Route 447 and Stokes Avenue from April to December 2013.
J.D. Eckman, Inc. of Atglen, Chester County, was the general contractor on the $3,067,487 PennDOT project to replace both bridges.
The old Route 191 bridge was a two-span concrete box beam bridge that was constructed in 1957. It was 127 feet long, 34 feet wide and was posted with a 19-ton weight restriction.
The new Route 191 bridge is 130 feet long, 32 feet wide, two span concrete box beam bridge and has no weight restriction.
That section of Route 191 has an average daily traffic volume of 5,633 vehicles.
An argument over a woman escalated to the point that a man hit another person with his car on purpose, according to police in Schuylkill County.Read More »
- Police activity prompts 'secure in place' measure at Pleasant Valley School District
- VIDEO: Frein given additional prison time
- Woman arrested for arson in Minersville fire
- I-80 WB reopened after ATV and car wreck
- Eric Frein sentenced to death in trooper's slaying
- Convicted cop killer Eric Frein sentenced to death
- PSP troopers injured in struggle with bar patron
- Updated Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Updated Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Updated Doctor accused of bribing Menendez guilty of Medicare fraud
- Updated Police allege Easton man attacks ex in drunken rage
- Berks businesses honored as 'People's Choice' leaders
- New report shows percent drop in overall crime in New Jersey
- Updated Police activity prompts 'secure in place' measure at Pleasant Valley School District
- Updated Judge: Cosby jury can hear about quaaludes, not Spanish fly
- Warm again today with some sunshine