CHESTNUTHILL TWP., Pa. - One person is under arrest after investigators say an argument turned deadly inside a home in Monroe County.
State police spent the day at the crime scene looking for evidence, including the possible murder weapon.
Investigators are combing through debris outside the home located in the 1200 block of Glenwood Road in Chesnuthill Township, Monroe County.
Police say the home is where an argument turned deadly between Lawrence Purcell and Kyle Kresge.
Investigators say Purcell's body was found at the side of the home, but the say the shooting actually took place in the living room.
Court records lay out what police found when they arrived. Purcell was at the side of the home covered in a tarp and other debris.
The affidavit of probable cause says Lawrence Purcell died from a single gunshot wound to the chest and when police went into the home there were signs of a struggle.
They made contact with Kyle Kresge and troopers found a small caliber shell casing in his pants pocket.
There were also stains in the house consistent with a body being moved from the living room, through the kitchen, into the mud room, and outside where police found Purcell.
Monroe County First Assistant District Attorney Michael Mancuso was on the scene speaking with investigators and told 69 News that part of the search includes looking for the murder weapon.
Before Kresge was charged, an eyewitness told investigators he was present when the men got into a verbal argument. The affidavit of probable cause says the witness told police he saw Kresge produce a gun, heard a gunshot and witnessed Purcell crumple towards the floor.
Kyle Kresge is in the Monroe County correctional facility charged with homicide, abuse of a corpse, and tampering with evidence.
The Lehigh Tunnel on the northbound side of the Pennsylvania Turnpike was closed for more than an hour Friday night after a wreck inside the tunnel.Read More »
- Friends remember Chris Hixon, LV native killed in Florida shooting
- Camelback's ski camp leads its students to Paralympics
- Poconos sees uptick in tourism after previous decline
- Lehigh Valley native among those killed in Florida school shooting
- Victim of Florida school shooting has ties to local area
- Police chase leads to crash between Palo Alto officer, state trooper
- Pa. Supreme Court to unveil new congressional map
- Man charged with aggravated assault in Red Hill incident
- Coroner IDs man killed in crash on West Shore Bypass
- Updated Pedestrian hit, killed in Hatfield
- Multiple-rollover crash shuts down snowy I-78 West in Berks
- Man slashed during fight in Giant parking lot in Allentown
- Life Lessons: Make the First Five Count
- A message from WFMZ's Eve Russo
- 2-alarm fire damages apartment building in Wyomissing
- Man killed in crash on West Shore Bypass in Reading