DELANO TWP., Pa. - A man was killed in an accident that closed a stretch of Interstate 81 in Schuylkill County for four hours Sunday night, police said.
Emergency crews were called to the northbound lanes of I-81 in Delano Township just before 9 p.m.
They arrived to find an SUV that left the road, hit an embankment, and rolled over several times.
Both men inside were thrown outside of the SUV, one onto the left lane of I-81 and the other onto the embankment. Neither was wearing a seat belt, police said.
One of the men died at the scene, the coroner said. His name has not been released. The other man was flown to St. Luke's Hospital near Bethlehem with serious injuries.
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Walking a mile in their shoes
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade