LOWER TOWAMENSING TWP., Pa. - An 81-year-old woman was killed in a Carbon County house fire Wednesday night.
Conchita Perschy, 81, of Palmerton died in the fire.
According to state police, flames broke out at her home in the 300 block of Gap Road in Lower Towamensing Township around 8 p.m.
Police say she lived alone.
Firefighters found Perschy dead as they worked to put out the fire.
The Carbon County coroner said there is no autopsy scheduled at this time.
Members of the Pennsylvania State Police Fire Marshall Unit are working to determine what caused the fire.
An alleged attempt to steal manhole covers has landed two men behind bars.Read More »
- Schuylkill River Heritage Area adopts new name, logo
- East Stroudsburg University faces over $5M budget deficit
- One Tank Trip: Pocono Indian Museum
- DA: Heroin dealer convicted in Monroe County
- DA: Business owner deceives customers, faces felony theft charges
- Lehigh Valley Hospital's Pocono West campus approved
- Reading ATF agents helping at inferno scene in West Chester
- Man accused of killing cousin headed to trial
- Adopt Lehigh Valley Kids: Antonio
- PHOTOS: Fire aftermath at assisted living center
- Bust near school yields heroin, ingredients to make K2
- Over $100,000 in 'safe school grants' awarded to local districts
- 10 new murals dedicated in West Reading
- Judge, jury question state police policy
- Fire in Tilden: 'I don't know how long he would have lasted'
- Fire at Chester County senior facility sparks investigation