TAMAQUA, Pa. - A Schuylkill County couple charged in connection with their baby's death are heading to trial.
Both Joe Kulha and Alyssa Shellhammer waived their preliminary hearings Tuesday.
The couple's six-week-old baby boy died in February.
Police say the baby suffocated while sleeping in bed with Kulha and Shellhammer in their Tamaqua home.
Kuhla and Shellhammer are both charged with endangering the welfare of a child and reckless endangerment.
- Former wrestling coach arraigned on 396 charges in Monroe County
- Former Carbon County vet gets probation
- Police: Burglars broke into home while resident was sleeping
- Butterbeer ice cream hitting shelves for Harry Potter fans
- PHOTOS: Crews respond to house fire in West Penn Township
- Crews respond to house fire in West Penn Township
- Phillipsburg 10-year-old saves grandfather's life with Heimlich maneuver
- Pedestrian reportedly struck by big rig in Berks County
- Police ID man sought after high-speed chase, crash in Berks
- Divers call off underwater search at Blue Marsh Lake
- Reading faithful line up for championship game tickets
- Community rallies to support Reading toddler's cancer battle
- Lehigh County detainee policy questioned
- Former Drinky's gets half a shot of what it wants from Easton City Council
- Warren Co. Freeholders pass 2017 budget with no tax increase
- Reading mother disgruntled over elementary school safety concerns