EAST STROUDSBURG, Pa. - A pizza delivery driver remains in critical condition after being shot on the campus of East Stroudsburg University around 1:30 a.m. Monday.
Officials say a fake delivery order was called in to Domino's, and when Richard Labar arrived to deliver the pizza, he was ambushed, shot and robbed.
Three suspects are in custody in connection to the shooting. Salvador Roberts, 21; Carolina Carmona, 30; and Israel Berrios, 17 are facing attempted homicide charges.
Court documents show police used phone records to find Berrios and obtained warrants to search his residence. There they say they also found his girlfriend Carmona and her brother Roberts.
The three admitted they called in an order to Dominos around 1 a.m. on Monday only so they could rob the delivery man.
They allegedly stole $100 and shot him in the face at close range. It happened in front of the ESU ROTC building on Normal Street, between the library and the fine arts building.
Labar, 58, was flown to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest where at last check he was in critical condition.
Gov. Tom Wolf announced Thursday more than $2.8 million in funding for local summer internship programs across Pennsylvania.Read More »
- Mount Pocono man wanted for homicide in Wayne County
- 32-year-old faces charges for alleged sexual assault in Monroe County
- Schuylkill County man pleads guilty to bank robbery
- 2nd man sentenced in crash that killed man, pregnant woman
- Groceries, everyday items delivered to your Stroudsburg door
- Volunteers undertake massive cleanup of Pocono Creek
- Updated National School Walkout renews calls for gun safety
- Updated Cosby judge expected to rule on deposition of Andrea Constand's confidante
- Brisk, chilly Friday with a mix of clouds and sun
- Life Lessons: Resumes can make or break you
- Lower Macungie hikes fee for developers
- Democratic candidates debate hot-button issues
- Northampton County disbanding gaming authority
- Berks County philanthropist warmly remembered
- Lehigh Valley teams going to World Finals in scholastic competition
- Terrifying health scare gets couple into running