HAMILTON TWP., Pa. - A plan, unpopular with some, to convert a Monroe County sports facility into a community space for church functions will be back before township officials tonight.
The Hamilton Township Planning Commission will review proposed plans for the now-closed Pocono Dome during it's meeting at 7:30 p.m. Monday at the Monroe County Safety Center, 100 Gypsum Road. The board will be discussing the project to decide whether to recommend that the zoning hearing board approve requested variances.
The World Mission Society Church of God in Jenkintown wants to purchase the property with plans to keep it as is and use it for church functions and community activities.
The church had withdrawn an application because of an error. Church officials said they had planned to resubmit it land-use application.
- Pair accused of stealing manhole covers, storm grate
- Schuylkill River Heritage Area adopts new name, logo
- East Stroudsburg University faces over $5M budget deficit
- One Tank Trip: Pocono Indian Museum
- DA: Heroin dealer convicted in Monroe County
- DA: Business owner deceives customers, faces felony theft charges
- Updated Mostly sunny, breezy day but with milder temperatures
- Updated Tanker crash closes Route 22 eastbound in Lopatcong Twp.
- Kutztown man charged with murder in fatal shooting of woman
- Updated Upper Saucon approves 2018 budget adjustments
- Updated No tax increase for Muhlenberg Township residents
- Updated Bethlehem paramedics request body armor to protect themselves from irate patients
- Updated Turkey Day Game documentary complete; presentation made to Northampton School Board
- Easton vs. Phillipsburg powder puff game kicks off rivalry week
- State police searching for missing Delaware County man
- Victaulic creating 50 new jobs by end of 2018