HAMILTON TWP., Pa. - A plan, unpopular with some, to convert a Monroe County sports facility into a community space for church functions will be back before township officials tonight.
The Hamilton Township Planning Commission will review proposed plans for the now-closed Pocono Dome during it's meeting at 7:30 p.m. Monday at the Monroe County Safety Center, 100 Gypsum Road. The board will be discussing the project to decide whether to recommend that the zoning hearing board approve requested variances.
The World Mission Society Church of God in Jenkintown wants to purchase the property with plans to keep it as is and use it for church functions and community activities.
The church had withdrawn an application because of an error. Church officials said they had planned to resubmit it land-use application.
A 22-year-old man is fighting for his life after being shot and left for dead on a road in Schuylkill County.Read More »
- Schuylkill man accused of killing dad busted on AC boardwalk
- AG: Nearly 30K pills stolen by pharmacy assistant in Tamaqua
- Man hit by vehicle in Mahoning, taken to hospital
- Pocono Mountain Regional Police bid farewell to K9 Niko
- Search continues for man accused of beating dad to death
- Police searching for man accused of killing father in Schuylkill
- Police: Man shot, left for dead on road in Schuylkill County
- Crash snarls rush hour traffic on I-78 in Allentown
- Workers help NJ woman find prized necklace in trash
- 'Faces of Reading' creators seek help to showcase exhibit
- Protesters want gas drillers to pay extraction tax in Pa.
- Is Camp David's future as presidential retreat in jeopardy?
- Veterans memorial gets fresh look ahead of Independence Day
- Officers honored for catching aggressive drivers
- Skyline Drive reopens after wall work atop Mount Penn
- Doctor, dog team up on 'Take Your Dog to Work Day'