HAMILTON TWP., Pa. - A plan, unpopular with some, to convert a Monroe County sports facility into a community space for church functions will be back before township officials tonight.
The Hamilton Township Planning Commission will review proposed plans for the now-closed Pocono Dome during it's meeting at 7:30 p.m. Monday at the Monroe County Safety Center, 100 Gypsum Road. The board will be discussing the project to decide whether to recommend that the zoning hearing board approve requested variances.
The World Mission Society Church of God in Jenkintown wants to purchase the property with plans to keep it as is and use it for church functions and community activities.
The church had withdrawn an application because of an error. Church officials said they had planned to resubmit it land-use application.
Pocono Township Manager Donna Asure confirmed a conditional use application from Brookdale Enterprises was approved to use the Caesar's Brookdale Resort as a drug and alcohol treatment center.Read More »
- Pennsylvania man sentenced for gun trafficking in New Jersey
- One Tank Trip: Dingmans Falls
- Motorcyclist allegedly flees from police, crashes into van
- Shooting in Port Carbon leaves two wounded
- Man allegedly threatens to burn down house with family inside
- Pocono Dome to become retreat for South Korean-based church
- Easton girl attacked by pit bull
- Longtime produce stand to close up shop at Allentown Fairground Farmers Market
- An interview with Randy Peers, new CEO of Berks chamber
- Easton Police Department moving to old Express Times building
- Local ALS patient puts hope in new FDA-approved drug
- Man is shot 2 days in a row and survives; suspect sought
- Updated Fields of Indian Creek resolution delayed in Lower Macungie
- Updated Upper Milford Township approves Medical Marijuana Ordinance
- Updated Northampton Child and Youth Services shining, despite troubles
- Pottstown makes a stand against racism