PALO ALTO, Pa. - Two police cars crashed after trying to stop a fleeing vehicle in Schuylkill County.
It happened around 3:40 p.m. Wednesday in the borough of Palo Alto.
State police said a marked police patrol vehicle was chasing the fleeing car on West Bacon Street when a Palo Alto vehicle stopped in the road to try and stop the suspect.
The suspect, later identified as Michael Flickinger, 42, was able to drive around the Palo Alto vehicle and flee, but the state police vehicle couldn't stop in time.
The two police vehicles crashed at the intersection of West Bacon and Howard streets. The state police vehicle also hit a utility pole.
Police said Trooper Tyler Brackman, 27, and Palo Alto Sgt. Joe Kavanaugh, 43, were treated at a local hospital and released. Officials did not comment on the nature or extent of their injuries.
Flickinger, of Port Carbon, was taken into custody Thursday in Pottsville, police said.
He is in Schuylkill County Prison on a slew of charges, including fleeing police and reckless endangerment.
One of two Lehigh County men charged after a fatal crash that involved a stolen minivan is now out of the hospital and behind bars.Read More »
- Palmerton man killed in crash in Washington Township
- Snowfall totals from the 69 News viewing area
- ESU women's basketball manager meets Steph Curry
- Yuengling adds new beer to product portfolio
- ESU president announces new security measures for campus
- Wife who plotted husband's murder sentenced to 18-48 months
- Fire destroys bagel shop, damages strip mall in Heidelberg Twp.
- The Greater Lehigh Valley Auto Show is underway
- Safety concerns arise over polling places at Butz Elementary
- Fate of parents charged in daughter's death in jury's hands
- 15 arrested in bust of violent drug trafficking organization
- Band of thieves sought in theft from Victoria's Secret store
- Police chief switches from Allentown to South Whitehall Twp.
- Updated Salisbury grants waiver for Swain School soccer field
- Updated East Allen supervisors praise outgoing manager
- Lawsuit against battery maker complicated: attorney