STROUD TWP., Pa. - Three people are facing felony drug charges after police say a vehicle stop turned up numerous illegal drugs, including a bag of cocaine stashed inside a Munchos potato chips bag.
Police said it happened around 12:30 a.m. Saturday on I-80 West near exit 302 in Stroud Township, Monroe County.
Police said a white Cadillac was pulled over for having a headlight out.
During the stop, police said they learned that the three people in the car were coming from New York City and heading to Franklin, Pa. During further questioning, police said the three people were providing conflicting statement.
Police said two people in the car admitted to there being marijuana and synthetic marijuana in the vehicle.
Police said they were given consent to search the vehicle, at which time marijuana and synthetic marijuana were located in the trunk. Police said they also found drug paraphernalia and heroin inside the vehicle, as well as a bag of cocaine stuffed inside a Munchos chips bag.
Facing felony drug charges are 49-year-old McArthur Jordan, 32-year-old Shannon Marie Norr and 33-year-old Gregory Eugene Bownes, all of Franklin, Pa.
All three suspects were taken to the Monroe County Correctional Facility.
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Memorial Day services across Berks County
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Walking a mile in their shoes
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem