RYAN TWP., Pa. - Authorities are investigating the death of an attorney who was married to the Schuylkill County treasurer.
Schuylkill County District Attorney Christine Holman said she'll refer any criminal prosecution to the attorney general's office once an autopsy on the body of 60-year-old Gary Marchalk determines whether that's necessary.
Marchalk's body was found after someone called 911 Monday and reported someone in cardiac arrest at the Pear Street home Marchalk shared with his wife, Linda.
Pennsylvania State Police with the Frackville barracks are calling the case a "death investigation." State police responded to the home about 11:40 a.m. on Monday.
The county coroner says a virtual autopsy will be conducted Tuesday before the body is physically examined during an actual autopsy on Wednesday.
Nobody has been charged or named as a suspect in Marchalk's death.
Gary Marchalk has law offices in Tamaqua and Frackville.
An alleged attempt to steal manhole covers has landed two men behind bars.Read More »
- Schuylkill River Heritage Area adopts new name, logo
- East Stroudsburg University faces over $5M budget deficit
- One Tank Trip: Pocono Indian Museum
- DA: Heroin dealer convicted in Monroe County
- DA: Business owner deceives customers, faces felony theft charges
- Lehigh Valley Hospital's Pocono West campus approved
- A tale of two mayors and a police station in East Greenville
- Reading Holiday Parade brings out some holiday cheer
- Periods of rain tonight and becoming increasingly windy
- Santa and ABATE bring Christmas a little early
- $30,000 reward offered for man who shot and killed officer near Pittsburgh
- Chainsaw explosion kills man from York County
- AP: Wolf starting to look like 'two-term Tom' as 2018 approaches
- Updated Heartwarming video lands local family on Ellen Show
- Last-minute Thanksgiving tips from ShopRite
- Reward offered for info on Hunterdon County arson