COOLBAUGH TWP., Pa. - Two people in Monroe County are facing numerous charges in connection with the alleged sexual assault of a child.
Pocono Mountain Regional Police arrested Christopher Hickler, 31, and his fiancee, 26-year-old Cassandra Smith Thursday on charges of aggravated indecent assault, statutory sexual assault, corruption of minors, unlawful contact with a minor, and related offenses.
Police say a 13-year-old girl told them she lived with Hickler and Smith last summer at their home in Coolbaugh Twp.
The girl says Hickler and Smith had sex with her on at least one occasion.
She also says they gave her alcohol, marijuana, cigarettes and cocaine.
Both were arraigned and sent to Monroe County Prison in lieu of $50,000 bail.
The National Park Service will be closing River Road in Middle Smithfield Township between park headquarters and Hialeah Picnic Area to protect migrating amphibians.Read More »
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Public memorial service planned for Al Boscov
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- Strong storms move through the region
- Police investigating morning shooting in Reading
- Police searching for missing man in Bethlehem
- Bethlehem police searching for missing elderly man
- Judge: Man charged in deadly stabbing will remain jailed
- Police work to bring back murder suspect who fled state with 6-year-old daughter
- Police: Driver owes nearly $13,000 in unpaid tolls, fees
- Motorists seeing slightly lower gas prices in New Jersey