COOLBAUGH TWP., Pa. - Two people in Monroe County are facing numerous charges in connection with the alleged sexual assault of a child.
Pocono Mountain Regional Police arrested Christopher Hickler, 31, and his fiancee, 26-year-old Cassandra Smith Thursday on charges of aggravated indecent assault, statutory sexual assault, corruption of minors, unlawful contact with a minor, and related offenses.
Police say a 13-year-old girl told them she lived with Hickler and Smith last summer at their home in Coolbaugh Twp.
The girl says Hickler and Smith had sex with her on at least one occasion.
She also says they gave her alcohol, marijuana, cigarettes and cocaine.
Both were arraigned and sent to Monroe County Prison in lieu of $50,000 bail.
Authorities in Schuylkill County said they are investigating the suspicious death of a man that was reported after a concerned friend discovered his body.Read More »
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Bird mites cleared from Lehighton High School
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Discover Lehigh Valley President addresses LVPC
- Allentown School Board considers tax hike to balance budget
- Umpire remembers Preston Rowe as 'outstanding young man'
- Berks County lawmakers explain Real ID law
- Allentown EMS crews honored