MAHONING TWP., Pa. - A 93-year-old woman hit several objects, including a pregnant pedestrian's shopping cart, in a mall parking lot Wednesday in Carbon County.
After making an illegal turn into the Carbon Plaza Mall parking lot, Angela Ouly struck a curb, sped through a stop sign, hit the shopping cart of a pregnant woman and then hit two parked cars, according to Mahoning Township police.
The pregnant woman moved out of the way to avoid getting hit and was later transported to the hospital.
The two parked cars Ouly hit were not occupied, but one was pushed into another car with two people inside. They were not injured.
Another car saw damage when hit by the shopping cart Ouly struck.
Ouly was issued a few citations including careless driving.
A jury is expected to begin weighing the sentence for a gunman who targeted Pennsylvania state troopers at their barracks, killing one and leaving a second with devastating injuries.Read More »
- Eric Frein laughed about selling story in recorded phone call
- Police ambush killer won't take stand in bid to spare life
- Fire destroys home in Schuylkill Township
- Shenandoah Sentinel creator has big plans
- Eric Frein's father, mother testify during penalty phase
- BonTon carries Pottsville pottery-maker's products
- Updated Crews respond to crash near Dorney Park
- Updated Jury to begin weighing sentence for police ambush killer
- Berks County officials continue to discuss partnership with ICE
- Multi-Purpose skatepark in the works in Reading
- Reading Planning Commission moves forward on subdivision of Fromm Electric
- Hanover Township hears Turkey Hill liquor license request
- Airport authority scrambling to handle more cargo traffic
- Updated Rollover crash reported along I-78 in Lower Saucon
- Updated Daughter: Bill Cosby 'is not abusive, violent or a rapist'
- Life Lessons: Be Strong: Anti-bullying phone app